LIVING IN THE FLOW NEWSLETTER
Published by Tai Chi Flow, Inc.
Issue #9 April 2005
1) Carolyn's Comments: World Tai Chi/Qigong Day
2) Featured Article: The Law of Attraction
3) Upcoming Events: Summer Trainings
4) Closing Thought
Mark your calendar! Please don't miss your local World Tai Chi and Qigong Day-April 30th.
This is the 8th year of this exciting global event! In parks and recreation centers all over the world beginning at 10 am in the earliest time zone, people will meet together to practice Tai Chi and Qigong. This day is officially recognized by the United Nations, World Health Organization, and governors and mayors in all 50 states. Support your local Tai Chi community for this annual health and healing event which is held in 60 nations. To find out about your community's event go to: www.worldtaichiday.org
LOCAL to St. George, Ut.:
Sat. April 30th at 10 am
Vernon-Worthen Park -
300 So. 400 E.
Free Tai Chi/Qigong class
Featured Article: The Law of Attraction
There is a jingle I learned as a young girl that says, "The law of the harvest is simple you know, whatever you reap is just what you sow." As I have grown I realize this means all the sowing we do begins with a thought. Every thought we sow has a vibrational frequency to it, and is magnetic. Since like attracts like, we are bringing to us those things with the same vibrational frequency as the thoughts we sow. When I sow negative thoughts, I reap negative rewards. Likewise, when I sow positive thoughts, positive things show up in my life.
Since, at a quantum level we are all patterns of light and sound frequencies, we are constantly sending messages to the Universe. And since everything we put out returns to us, it is not the words you say that are most important, it is the vibration you send out to the Universe. Your thoughts are your most powerful mechanism for controlling your vibration.
Creating a strong intention in which you can hold a belief is the most powerful way to use your thoughts. Intentions are decisions, goals, ideas, wants, desires, and choices that are stated in the affirmative. Whatever you put your belief in will be your life experience. When you match your intentions with a positive feeling of hope, you send a signal out to the Universe that is honored, and you receive what you have intended. While I was growing up I was taught to "Pray as though it has already happened" "Be in gratitude for the good things that are on their way to you."
On the flipside of that, negative thoughts that are common for many people are, "I am not worthy", "I don't deserve a great life", "If I never expect very much I will never be disappointed", "Good things rarely happen to me". Many times thoughts like these are in the subconscious mind, so even though we are not consciously aware of it, these negative inner sentences are sending out an electro- magnetic vibration. We may not even realize that our choices and actions resulting from those beliefs are exactly WHY the good things we want to show up have not yet arrived! We sabotage ourselves to justify the inner sentence.
As an Energy Intuitive, I have worked on thousands of clients, and I am convinced that the root of every issue is low self-worth. I have worked on people from all walks of life; from struggling single moms, to high-powered Company Presidents, and it seems no one is exempt from these subconscious distortions on some level. We get these negative thoughts and misperceptions from childhood, previous experiences, and many times from ancestral beliefs. But whatever their origins, as long as we hold on to them, that negative vibration is still being sown and going out to the Universe creating what we don't really want.
So.what do we do to change those negative belief systems? There are many different approaches.
1) Notice your speech patterns and change them when necessary. Do you ever say things like, "I'm not good enough", "I can't afford it", "I'm so fat." "There are no good men/women out there for me", etc. All of these are examples of very limited thinking. When you hear that negative self-talk creeping into your thoughts, acknowledge it briefly, then let it go by replacing it with new positive affirmation. Examples: "I am enough", "Money flows to me, I always have enough to pay my bills and much more", "I love my healthy, fit body", "I am worthy of and attract a healthy relationship." Always state them in the present-tense, beginning with "I AM". Even if you are 30 lbs. overweight and your conscious mind isn't quite buying it, the sub-conscious mind which sees in pictures, will take it without questioning and your behaviors always align themselves with that sub-conscious belief.
It actually becomes fun, coming up with more and more positive affirmations to say to yourself. Start your own affirmation notebook.
2) Be willing to let go of what is no longer serving you, even if (especially if) it will take you out of your comfort zone. Believe that it is safe to release the need to keep any distorted patterns.
3) Own your power and with it start creating the life you really want. If you catch yourself reverting back to any negative thought habits ask yourself "If I could have anything I want in this situation, what would that look like?" Feel it, smell it, taste it, touch it. The more senses you engage, the easier it becomes to manifest that into a reality.
4) Gain knowledge by reading some great books on this subject. There are now literally hundreds of books on the Law of Attraction. A few of my favorites are: You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay, The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer, The Attractor Factor by Joe Vitale, and the Jack Rabbit Factor by Leslie Householder. If you go to any online bookstore and search for Law of Attraction, you’ll find a huge list of books to choose from.
5) Meditation and exercises such as Tai Chi and Yoga help to get you into a centered state, where you have the clarity to identify negative patterns so that you can let them go. The Tai Chi Flow videos are a great way to get started! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
6) Of course, the very best advice I can offer is make an appointment for some Energy Work www.taichiflow.com/energytherapy.html With a clearing tool like Calyco Healing we are able to bypass the conscious mind's defense mechanisms that keep deeper beliefs and thoughts hidden away. The mind does this so we are able to function seemingly adequately on a daily basis. With the Calyco transformational techniques we are able to release the limiting attitudes and beliefs, and replace them with supporting attitudes and beliefs. By clearing deeper beliefs from the sub-conscious on an energy cell level, we are getting to the root of the problem, at the same time plugging in corresponding positive affirmations. This raises the vibration of the thoughts we are sending out. With my clients, once these affirmations are plugged into their subconscious mind, they experience improved circumstances and increased feelings of self-worth immediately.
Remember, whatever you concentrate on increases, or as I like to say it, "What you think about, you bring about / What you fear, will appear". Every thought we think is creating our future. What seeds of thought are you sowing?
Wings of Excellence Level One Training:
June 10th, 11th in St George, Utah
June 24th, 25th in Boise, Idaho
If you have ever been interested in learning any type of Energy Healing Work I would highly recommend learning "Wings". There are many, many good modalities of energy work available, and although I have studied others, and have never found anything else that works quite like Wings. It is quick, clean, and comprehensive. Not only does it work by clearing things on psychological level, but these techniques have an amazing way of re-centering and balancing all the subtle energy systems of the body. If you would like more information on either of these 2 trainings please send an email to Carolyn@taichiflow.com and I will be happy to send you a flyer with all the additional info.
You can also go to my FAQs page at www.taichiflow.com/faq.html to read more about what Wings can do for you.
"The law of floatation was not discovered by contemplating the sinking of things, but by contemplating the floating of things which floated naturally, and then intelligently asking why they did so." Thomas Troward
Create a great day! CC