||in this issue
1) Carolyns Comments
2) Featured Article: Tai Chi and Weight Loss
3) Calyco Healing Training Nov. 10th & 11th
4) Closing Thought
I hope you had a great summer! It seems everyone Ive run into this week has said something like, I cant believe the summer is over already!
Although it is still around 100 degrees here, today I taught my last outdoor water-aerobics class for the season, and last week my kids started school. In fact, even though its hard for us to believe the summer is over so quickly, I know it must be because we have already attended my sons first Varsity football game and my daughter Adria (my assistant this summer) left yesterday for Law School.
Amidst all that, my husband I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary the very same day as our baby began kindergarten! Hmm
.I would venture to guess that is very unusual. Most of the women I know who have been married that long, no longer have children as young as five years old. And, women who are my age with children that young, usually have not been married for 25 years. As I pondered that situation I thought about how each one of us have blessings in our lives that are very unique. I often hear people talking about how they feel like they are the only person with their particular problem(s). But how about if we flip that and think about our unique blessings as well? Right now, take just a moment to think of something fun about yourself or your life that very few others get to experience. Ahh
.dont you love those gratitude moments?
|Featured Article: T'ai Chi and Weight Loss
Most people don't connect "burning calories" with T'ai Chi because T'ai Chi is so slow and effortless -- most of those who practice T'ai Chi don't even break a sweat -- but T'ai Chi can be a great adjunct to a healthy diet program for a number of reasons.
- Despite it's slow and gentle pace, T'ai Chi burns about 280 calories per hour, nearly as many as downhill skiing (350 calories per hour). Moreover, T'ai Chi is very safe, low-impact, takes no equipment, and can be performed in the conference room at work during break time or even in the bathroom when you sneak off for an unofficial stress break.
- T'ai Chi helps cleanse the body of stress. If you've ever had a tough day and decided to drown your sorrow in a pizza or hot fudge sundae, you know that stress is a major cause of "nervous snacking." T'ai Chi and Qigong's deep stress-reduction qualities can help "process" stress so that you don't have to cover it up with empty calorie snack food.
- Some of us also use food to alleviate depression. Research shows that T'ai Chi can reduce depression and anxiety. If you perform T'ai Chi when you get home from work, you can dump your stress load. Then a nice apple or mango might sound much better than a bag of chips. When you aren't stressed, you can enjoy subtle, healthful flavors.
- T'ai Chi may help you acquire the figure or weight you want. T'ai Chi takes the emphasis off external appearances. When you do T'ai Chi the goal is to enjoy the feeling of motion and breath from the "inside." T'ai Chi is done to specifically lose weight; it's done because it feels good. Effortlessly you can enjoy the process of exercise and subtly begin to teach yourself that you are a worthy and vibrant being from the inside out, rather than judging and criticizing how you look in the mirror.
- Most people find that when they practice T'ai Chi regularly their metabolism becomes more effective. Studies show that T'ai Chi promotes homeostasis in all levels of our physical health. It improves breathing capacity, circulation and micro-circulation; provides cardiovascular benefit; and improves immune system responses. It isn't surprising that our digestive and metabolic processes would function more healthfully as well by practicing T'ai Chi.
- There are many good healthy diet programs, and T'ai Chi does not compete with them; it works with them. Studies show that change is stressful even "good change." As you begin a new life with a healthful diet program, T'ai Chi may be the perfect addition to help you ease through the life changes a new diet requires.
- T'ai Chi also gives you a powerful stress management, calorie-burning activity to get you through the rough spots of any diet. T'ai Chi can be done at any time and anywhere without special clothing. Rather than denying yourself foods you want, T'ai Chi can replace the old food cravings with something new, fresh, wholesome and soothing.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Bill Douglas is the Tai Chi Expert at DrWeil.com, Founder of World T'ai Chi & Qigong Day (held in 60 nations each year), and has authored several books including a #1 best selling Tai Chi book The Complete Idiots Guide to Tai Chi & Qigong. You can learn more about Tai Chi & Qigong, search a worldwide teachers directory, and also contact Bill Douglas at http://www.worldtaichiday.org
|Calyco Healing TrainingLevel One
Friday, Nov. 10, 2007 9:30 am--4:30 pm
Sat. Nov. 11, 2007 9:30 am4:30 pm
At the beautiful Red Mountain Spa in Southern Utah
If you have any interest at all in healing work I HIGHLY recommend that you take a few days and learn this technique. It is quick, clean, simple to do, and powerful in its outcome! It is streamlined, yet very thorough. Everyone can use this process, from the novice to the Practitioner.
"I have attended many, many healing workshops. This training was outstanding! I gained more knowledge than any other I've attended. Nice balance of demonstrations and interactive work"
Vicki Turner, Las Vegas NV
"Calyco Healing seems to be a lot more complete and effective than other energy work. It honors the Spirit of the person you're working on instead of just doing what you want or think."
Rebekah Andrus, Apple Valley UT
Ive learned from so many different people, but this was my favorite training ever!
Tiffanie Simpson, (Massage Therapist) UT
In this training you will learn how to:
- Develop the Art of muscle testing on self and others
- Gather information from the body's energy field
- Integrate positive affirmations directly to the sub-conscious mind
- Release negative self-talk and defeating inner sentences
- Help relieve many physical & emotional problems
- Clear generational issues that may be keeping you stuck
- Do dedication work for those you care about but are far away from
- Learn how to trust your own intuition
- Balance right and left brain hemispheres
- On injuries--clear negative energy and replace it with healing energy
- Save $$, less Dr. visits
Cost: $399.00 Includes: Manual, additional hand-outs, certificate of completion
To register go to: www.taichiflow.com/calendar.html Scroll down to the month of November and click on the Registration button.
I get so excited about doing these trainings because I have seen amazing results in student's lives! It is such a blessing for people to learn this and be able to help friends, family, co-workers, etc. Or you may choose to use it on a professional level and get paid for helping people, as many of my students are now doing.
Calyco Healing Level Two is planned for Feb. 07. Watch upcoming newsletters for details!
Bruno Groening, Speaking of healing the body naturally:
"There is much that cannot be explained, but nothing that cannot happen."
Create a great day!